Senator Gwen Margolis Scholarship
Gwen Margolis was the first woman president of the Florida Senate from 1990-1992. She later became a county commissioner for Miami-Dade County until she returned the state senate in 2002, where she served until 2008. Ms. Margolis established this endowed scholarship in 1985 as part of her “commitment to civil rights and equal educational opportunities.”
This scholarship is offering $500.00.
For consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- an African-American student (undergraduate or graduate) pursuing any major within the SCJ during the award period.
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- must be enrolled full time (12 credits undergraduate and 9 credits graduate) during the award period (fall and spring semesters).
- submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future.
- submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred).