Department of Journalism + Media
These are scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Journalism + Media through the School of Communication + Journalism (SCJ). Details on submitting applications are below. Please note application deadline and plan according
How to Apply for Scholarships
• Go to https://fiu.academicworks.com.
• Sign in with your MyAccounts username and password.
• Complete the general application.
• Select the Opportunities tab and select Ours. Apply to all appropriate opportunities.
• In addition, AcademicWorks will search our database of awards and recommend scholarships in which the students may be eligible. Some students will be automatically entered into the applicant pool; others may need to answer additional questions first.
APPLICATION PERIOD begins November and ends February.
Applications will be reviewed and selection made by the J+M Scholarship Committee in accordance with specific scholarship requirements at the end of the application period. In addition to the individual scholarship stipulations, students receiving a scholarship must attend an annual student celebration and awards ceremony in March (exact date to be announced).
You can find a brief description of Department of Journalism + Media Scholarships below: