Department of Journalism + Media Scholarships
Available for 2017-2018 Academic Year
These are scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Journalism + Media through the School of Communication + Journalism (SCJ). Details on submitting applications are below. Please note application deadline and plan according
How to Apply for Scholarships
• Go to https://fiu.academicworks.com.
• Sign in with your MyAccounts username and password.
• Complete the general application.
• Select the Opportunities tab and select Ours. Apply to all appropriate opportunities.
• In addition, AcademicWorks will search our database of awards and recommend scholarships in which the students may be eligible. Some students will be automatically entered into the applicant pool; others may need to answer additional questions first.
• Tip: A simple way to find all SCJ scholarships is to type “Journalism” in the search bar on the FIU AcademicWorks website.
APPLICATION PERIOD begins November 2016 and ends February 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and selection made by the SCJ Scholarship Committee in accordance with specific scholarship requirements at the end of the application period. In addition to the individual scholarship stipulations, students receiving a scholarship must attend SCJ’s annual student celebration and awards ceremony in March 2017 (exact date to be announced).
You can find a brief description of Department of Journalism + Media Scholarships below: